Support Black Mental Health. Share Therapy resources in your community!
I came upon a thread on Twitter and It really made me feel good. It was like finding buried treasure, I was so excited to find this info. The thread was about free or low cost therapy for black women and girls. I’ve been working with a therapist for a few months now and i just can’t explain how therapeutic it’s become to open up to another person in that environment and space.
Thanks to Marline Francois for these resources.
MarlineFrancoisCEO of therapy practice | PhD student |mental health equity for Black girls | Speaker| Bestselling Author #TheStateOfBlackGirls | @penn_state + @RutgersSSW Alum
“For Black women and girls who are in need of free therapy, here are a few organizations that provide free therapy vouchers to work with a therapist.”
- Here is @BlackGirlsSmile they have a therapy fund scholarship that offers 2-6 therapy sessions.
2. Then there’s Loveland Foundation that offers 4-12 therapy vouchers (up to $120 value per voucher covered) to see a therapist of your choice.
3. Then there’s the Boris L Henson Foundation that offers 5 free therapy sessions with a licensed therapist from their online directory.
4. For those who reside in the state of Washington, you can apply to the @WATherapyFund👉🏽here.
5. Marline Francois-Madden, LCSW@MarlineFrancois·Then there’s the National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network that offers 6 therapy sessions ($100 per session value) applications closes April 13, 2022
6. Another one. Tweet from @CarlyEDallas Oh yay for this much needed thread!
Also, in the Baltimore area, here’s one that gives stipends for folx seeking therapy (application round just closed, will reopen again):
7. As of March 2nd 2022, Therapy for Black Men has been able to provide $21,000 and counting to sponsor free therapy for our Men thanks to the kindness of our donors. Paradigm shift: We are breaking down barriers that often keep our Black Men out of therapy.
8. Open Path Psychotherapy Collective is a nonprofit nationwide network of mental health professionals dedicated to providing in-office and online mental health care—at a steeply reduced rate—to clients in need.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.