Support Black Mental Health. Share Therapy resources in your community!
I came upon a thread on Twitter and It really made me feel good. It was like finding buried treasure, I was so excited to find this info. The thread was about free or low cost therapy for black women and girls. I’ve been working with a therapist for a few months now and i just can’t explain how therapeutic it’s become to open up to another person in that environment and space.
Thanks to Marline Francois for these resources.
“For Black women and girls who are in need of free therapy, here are a few organizations that provide free therapy vouchers to work with a therapist.”
- Here is @BlackGirlsSmile they have a therapy fund scholarship that offers 2-6 therapy sessions.
2. Then there’s Loveland Foundation that offers 4-12 therapy vouchers (up to $120 value per voucher covered) to see a therapist of your choice.
3. Then there’s the Boris L Henson Foundation that offers 5 free therapy sessions with a licensed therapist from their online directory.
5. Marline Francois-Madden, LCSW@MarlineFrancois·Then there’s the National Queer & Trans Therapists of Color Network that offers 6 therapy sessions ($100 per session value) applications closes April 13, 2022
6. Another one. Tweet from @CarlyEDallas Oh yay for this much needed thread!
Also, in the Baltimore area, here’s one that gives stipends for folx seeking therapy (application round just closed, will reopen again):
7. As of March 2nd 2022, Therapy for Black Men has been able to provide $21,000 and counting to sponsor free therapy for our Men thanks to the kindness of our donors. Paradigm shift: We are breaking down barriers that often keep our Black Men out of therapy.
8. Open Path Psychotherapy Collective is a nonprofit nationwide network of mental health professionals dedicated to providing in-office and online mental health care—at a steeply reduced rate—to clients in need.